Who am I?
I am Azad Karataş.
I born in Gebze at the March of 1993. I completed my high school education in Gebze Anatolian High School in 2010. After 4 years of electronics and communication engineering education in Izmir Institute of Technology, I finished my BSc degree. Then I started MSc. in the same university and began to work as a research assistant in 2015. As a research assistant, I am mainly responsible for communication laboratory lectures. I finished my master in 2017 and now I am a fresh doctoral student.
- Research Assistant - İzmir Institute of Technology (January 2015 - ...)
- Engineer - Deka Digital (September 2013 - January 2014)
- Intern- CTech (June 2013 - July 2013)
- Intern- Tübitak UME (June 2012 - July 2012)
- İzmir Institute of Technology - Electronics and Communication Engineering, PhD (2017 -)
- İzmir Institute of Technology - Electronics and Communication Engineering, MSc (2014 - 2017)
- İzmir Institute of Technology - Electronics and Communication Engineering, BSc (2010 - 2014)
- Gebze Anatolian High School (2006 - 2010)
- Cell selection algorithm design for TETRA System
- E2E Throughput and Delay Performances in LTE Networks
End-to-end throughput and delays are analyzed and plotted for the different number of users and base stations.
- Convolutional Encoding and Decoding
The main objective of this project is to analyze the BER performance of uncoded and convolutional encoded 16QAM in AWGN channels.
- Link Budget Calculation
My main goal is to calculate the BER values according to different modulation and coding techniques.
- RF Data Transceiver
Transmitter and receiver for RF channel that connects serial ports of two computers in one direction.
Modulates/demodulates RF signal.
Maximum transmission rate is 9600 baud.
Minimum transmission distance is 5 meters.
- Cell selection algorithm performance for Tetra trunk
Bu makalede, telsiz haberleşme sistemi Tetra trunk standardı için, kullanıcıların hesapladığı C1 yol kaybı parametresi ve baz istasyonları tarafından yayınlanan baz istasyonunun yeterli kapasiteye sahip olduğu bilgisi kullanılarak, kullanıcıların en uygun baz istasyonunu ile haberleşmesini sağlayan hücre seçim algoritması önerilmiştir. Kullanıcıların hareketsiz olduğu ortamda, hücre içerisindeki farklı sayıda kullanıcılara göre benzetim sonuçları elde edilmiştir. Önerilen hücre seçim algoritmasının mesafe tabanlı hücre seçim algoritmasına göre kullanıcıların baz istasyonlarına daha adil bir şekilde dağılım sağladığı ve bağlanan kullanıcıların daha iyi sinyal karışım ve gürültü oranı değerlerine sahip oldukları gözlemlenmişstir.
Karataş, B. Özbek, E. D. Bardak and İ Sönmez, "Cell selection algorithm performance for Tetra trunk," 2016 24th Signal Processing and Communication Application Conference (SIU), Zonguldak, 2016, pp. 373-376.
- Load Based Cell Selection Algorithm for Tetra based Professional Mobile Radio
This paper proposes a cell selection algorithm for Tetra based professional mobile radio systems where the users select the base station according to the proposed utility value. This utility value is determined by considering both cell load and received signal strength indicator. The main aim of the proposed method is to distribute the users in a balanced way among base stations. Based on performance evaluations, we illustrate that the proposed cell selection algorithm gives better results than Tetra based cell selection method in a manner of distribution of the users over all BSs while reducing waiting time for establishing connection.
Azad Karataş, Izmir Institute of Technology, Berna Özbek, Izmir Institute of Technology,
İlker Sönmez, Aselsan A.Ş., Sıdıka Bengür, Aselsan A.Ş.
- Türkçe (Mother Language)
- İngilizce (Professional working proficiency)
- Almanca (Limited working proficiency)
- C & C++
- Private Mobile Radio (PMR) systems
- Machine Learning
- Signal Processing
- Web Design with PHP, HTML, CSS and Jscript
- ALES - April 2014 Grade: 90.026